The Evil Eye = Jealousy or Envy
An Evil Eye Charm or Talisman is meant to deflect negativity.
The Evil Eye is believed to be cast by a malevolent glare or bad wishes and negative intentions sent to someone when they are unaware. The idea expressed by the term causes many different cultures to pursue protective measures against it.
Charms and decorations with eye-like symbols known as ‘nazars’, used to repel the Evil Eye, are common from Portugal to Greece, Israel, Egypt, and Turkey.
The Evil Eye is also know as the Hamsa or the Hand of Fatima after the daughter of the prophet Muhammad.
The Hamsa (Arabic – khamsah) is a palm-shaped amulet popular throughout the Middle East and North Africa and commonly used in jewelry and wall hangings. Depicting the open right hand, an image recognized and used as a sign of protection in many times throughout history, the Hamsa is believed by some, predominantly Muslims and Jews, to provide defense against the evil eye.
Khamsah is an Arabic word that means “five”, but also “the five fingers of the hand”
The sun returns to us with the dawning of the Spring Equinox.
Day and night are equal in length creating a beautiful, precious, and brief balance that we can welcome in our hearts as the fostering of equanimity within ourselves.
Bring in the Sun/Moon energy with any of the following rituals (or all of them!)
- Rise with the Sun and feel into your life with gratitude and appreciation. A new season, a new day, a new opportunity and a new way to love… even more deeply than before.
- Decorate your space (inside AND outside) with flowers and the ‘Spring Things’ that inspire you! Create an altar or just enliven your space with the items that awaken you to the present moment and the potential that is born, and grows from there on.
- Plant your dreams. Plant seeds or bulbs with the intention of planting the seeds of new ideas, new adventures and a new lease on life. Dream big and dig deep.
- Create a new vision board or journal your dreams and desires for the warmer days ahead.
- Create a ceremony with the feeling of Thanksgiving… you have made it through dark times and are emerging into light. Give gratitude, invite friends and family and celebrate.
Hello… is love there please?
Tech Support: Hello… how can I help you?
Customer: Well, after much consideration, I’ve decided to install Love. Can you guide me though the process?
Tech Support: Yes. I can help you. Are you ready to proceed?
Customer: Well, I’m not very technical, but I think I’m ready. What I do first?
Tech Support: The first step is to open your Heart. Have you located your Heart ?
Customer: Yes, but there are several other programs running now. Is it okay to install Love while they are running?
Tech Support: What programs are running ma’am?
Customer: Let’s see, I have Past Hurt, Low Self-Esteem, Grudge and Resentment running right now.
Tech Support: No problem, Love will gradually erase Past/Hurt from your current operating system. It may remain in your permanent memory, but it will no longer disrupt other programs. Love will eventually override Low Self-Esteem with a module of ifs own called High Self-Esteem. However, you have to completely turn off Grudge and Resentment. Those programs prevent Love from being properly installed. Can you turn those off?
Customer: I don’t know how to turn them off. Can you tell me how?
Tech Support: With pleasure. Go to your start menu and invoke Forgiveness. Do this as many times as necessary until Grudge and Resentment have completely erased.
Customer: Okay, done! Love has started installing itself. Is that normal?
Tech Support: Yes, but remember that you have only the base program. You need to begin connecting to other Hearts in order to get the upgrades.
Customer: Oops! I have an error message already. It says, “Error program will not run on external components.” What should I do?
Tech Support: Don’t worry. It means that the Love program is set up to run on Internal Hearts, but has not yet been run on your Heart. In non-technical terms, it simply means you have to Love yourself before you can Love others.
Customer:So, what should I do?
Tech Support: Can you pull down Self-Acceptance; then click on the following files: Forgive-Self; Realize Your Worth; and Acknowledge your Limitations.
Tech Support: Now, copy them to the “My Heart” directory. The system will overwrite any conflicting files and begin patching faulty programming. Also, you need to delete Verbose Self-Criticism from all directories and empty your Recycle Bin to make sure it is completely gone and never comes back.
Customer: Got it. Hey!!! My heart is filling up with new files. Smile is playing on my monitor and Peace and Contentment are copying themselves all over My Heart. Is this normal?
Tech Support: Sometimes. For others it takes awhile, but eventually everything gets it at the proper time. So Love is installed and running. One more thing before we hang up. Love is Freeware. Be sure to give it and its various modules to everyone you meet. They will in turn share it with others and return some cool modules back to you.
Customer: I promise to do just that. I am in gratitude for all your help today.
A Year of Creative Abundance
2019 is a “3” year in Numerology. It is a year of creativity, generosity, abundance and positive energy. We are influenced by a sense of freedom, renewed self expression, and the ability to see past obstacles.
This is year of creation – including procreation – so whatever your “baby” is… it’s time to get making it!
The drive and excitement that comes with creating your own dreams can range in application from family to career; from inventions to self-development; from hobbies to cultivating relationships. What ever your passion is – this year is the year to grab hold until you have the chance to make best use of this opportunity.
The analogy: Plant your seeds – it doesn’t matter precisely where things go – if the roses are growing with the tomatoes – you can move them later, but for now – just get ’em in the soil so they can take root and sprout this year.
FUN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE NUMBER 3
- Three is the first number that forms a geometrical figure – the triangle.
- The number of harmony, wisdom and understanding.
- Three is the number of time: Past Present Future / Birth Life Death / Beginning Middle End
- Three is the Number of Magic: Third time lucky / Make 3 wishes / Heroes and heroines are often offered three choices or three tests.
- In ritual many actions are preformed three times.
- In animals: The octopus has three hearts. Camels have three eyelids. Cats have a third eyelid.
- Primary Colors: red, yellow and blue.
- The Triple Goddess: Maiden, mother and crone.
- In the Tarot, three is the card of the Empress = creation and growth.
- The Shamrock: Saint Patrick used the three-leaf cover to explain the concept of the Holy Trinity (The Father, Son and Holy Ghost) in Christianity.
Whether it’s family or friends … and whatever holiday you celebrate … and however you say it … may your holiday season be filled with BIG LOVE and HAPPINESS!
- Happy Holidays in French: Joyeuses Fêtes!
- Happy Holidays in Spanish: Felices Fiestas!
- Happy Holidays in Vietnamese: Hạnh phúc ngày lễ
- Happy Holidays in Chinese: 節日快樂
- Happy Holidays in Filipino: Masaya pista opisyal
- Happy Holidays in Irish: Laethanta saoire sona
- Happy Holidays in Swedish: Trevlig Helg!
- Happy Holidays in Portuguese: Boas Festas!
- Happy Holidays in Turkish: Mutlu Bayramlar!
- Happy Holidays in Romanian: Sarbatori Fericite!
- Happy Holidays in Korean: 행복 휴일
- Happy Holidays in Slovenian: Vesele Praznike
- Happy Holidays in Indonesian: Selamat Hari Raya!
- Happy Holidays in Croatian: Sretni praznici!
- Happy Holidays in Hungarian: Boldog Ünnepeket
- Happy Holidays in Greek: Καλές δικακοπές! (kales diakopes)
- Happy Holidays in Danish: Glade feriedage
- Happy Holidays in Albanian: Gëzuar Festat
- Happy Holidays in Mandarin: Jie Ri Yu Kuai
- Happy Holidays in Catalan: Bones Festes!
- Happy Holidays in Latin: Felix feriarum
- Happy Holidays in Swahili: Furaha likizo
- Happy Holidays in Japanese: 幸せな休日
- Happy Holidays in Hebrew: חג שמח
- Happy Holidays in Italian: Buone Feste!
- Happy Holidays in South African (Xhose): Ii holide eximnandi
- Happy Holidays in German: Forhe Feiertage
- Happy Holidays in Dutch: Prettige feestdagen
- Happy Holidays in Hawaiian: Hau’oli Lanui
- Happy Holidays in Gaelic: Beannachtaí na Féile
Discover what it takes to find Peace on Earth and Goodwill toward Mankind with these 7 holiday tips; easy methods to put the “Merry” back in Christmas.
1. Make a list and check it twice.
- Write things down. Then you won’t forget – or worse – wake up at 3:00am worrying you might forget.
2. Don’t over commit.
- What is your main priority over the holidays?
- Say ‘no’ to anything that takes you further away from your ideal. Say ‘yes’ to what moves you closer.
- It’s easy if you stay focused on what’s important to YOU.
3. Enjoy the hustle and bustle
- Be an observer and watch the season unfold.
- Crowds and getting stuck in traffic can be enjoyable if you people-watch and admire decorated windows.
4. Shop at off-times.
- If possible, take a couple hours off work on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning to do some Christmas shopping when there aren’t as many people cruising the shop … or call us to stay open a little later for you on a weeknight. We can do that 🙂
5. Stick to your daily rituals and healthy habits.
- You already know this. Just do it.
6. Out with the old, in with the new.
- When cleaning and decorating, take advantage of this time to minimize your clutter and unused items. It will feel good to donate the stuff you know you don’t use anymore.
- We take clothing in good shape for our foundation in Mexico sarahuaro.org and for our Vintage Rack.
7. Don’t buy for the sake of buying.
- If you can find the right gift to make someone uber-happy; then gift cards let them buy exactly what they want.
- Make it special with a beautiful card and a super-meaningful message and their heart will sing.
Rock your school year with a little help from Mother Nature.
The top 5 stones to boost your learning can be worn as jewelry or carried discretely in your pocket. If you are going to pocket or purse them – we do recommend a little pouch to keep them clean and sacred (and away from the energy of coins and dryer fluff).
Blue Lace Agate
Stress and Anxiety Relief
Calming, centering, soothing properties that bring peace of mind and a sense of tranquility. Helps communication: assists with verbal expression of thoughts and feelings.
Clear Quartz Point
Retention and Mental Clarity
A small raw or polished point can aid learning and study. Wear it around your neck or carry it in your pocket. Keep the same quartz point with you during study and exams.
Fluorite is a true crystal of the mind: supports all forms of research and increases mental focus during study. Any colour combination is suitable, choose what you are drawn to.
Insight and Understanding
Sodalite clears the mind and helps merge logic with intuition which leads to balanced decisions and important research breakthroughs.
Discernment and Perception
Tiger’s Eye helps you stay focused and absorb information even when overwhelmed. Filters out mental distractions, assists during research and helps make sense of information in a practical manner.
What’s it like to Shop on Bali?
What’s it like to discover the most interesting, unique, and fabulous creations on the paradise Island of Bali?
Well… it’s not as romantic as it seems.
We plow through crazy experiences to find you products with loads of meaning and unusual beauty. We go for the most deeply personal and unique ‘stuff’ we can find.
We walk for miles, drive for hours, and have experienced torrential rainfalls, floods, excruciating heat and humidity, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, dead things and rats.
On the high side, we been to Balinese weddings, cremations, ceremonies, temple offerings and we have cultivated an appreciation for the Balinese culture and religions; for the kindness and caring, family connections, patience, respect, good character, humanity, appreciation of art, beauty and nature, that the Balinese have built into their DNA.
We’ve learned a great deal, made wonderful friends… and the ultimately, we get to share our fabulous findings with you.